Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On a cultural note...

I was just listening to Shellac, starring my beloved Steve Albini in the leading role. Does anyone know that song Prayer to God?
Well, I've always thought it was pretty good, and kind of funny in a way, but I've only just now grasped the full implications of the lyrics. Steve Albini must have written this text after being dumped! What foolish woman made the grave mistake of dumping him? He sounds like such a catch, in a geeky-sensitive-artist kind of way. Although, it must be said, he does appear, judging by the lyrical contents of this song, to have some issues with rejection and anger management. In fact, he kind of strikes me as rather vengeful, which is not really a quality I look for in a man. I wouldn't want to be the one who arouses his anger, that's for sure.
Still, as long as he doesn't take the killing spree any further than into his songs, I guess he and his works can still be appreciated.
Amen.

No comments: