Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy 17. june!

Today is Iceland's independence day. Although a joyous occasion for Icelanders everywhere, my attention today has, so far, been totally focused on Ravelry. That's right, I opened my email this morning and there it was, a shiny invite to join this exciting community. I promptly responded and can proudly say that Ravelry has only sucked up three hours of my day so far. Any moment now I'm going to stand up and walk away from the computer. It's just hard, because Ravelry is superfun and, I suspect, addictive in an inspiring kind of way. My profile there still looks kind of crappy, but I'm working on it. I'll just view this as added incentive to get my camera fixed. Yeah, tomorrow I'll stroll on down to the Sony Center and say: "Hey you guys, I'm having really annoying problems with my camera and I've been to lazy to do anything about it for six months." And they'll say: "For your laziness and lack of incentive we're gonna make you pay double the price of a standard camera-fixing." That oughta learn me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.spymac.com/details/?2093704

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Góðan daginn, Happy Independence day!

Yes, Ravelry is a major revelation. I like how you can look up patterns and see all the modifications/yarn substitutions that others have done...

Victoria said...

Congrats on getting your invit to ravelry...i have been on it for a week and am obssessed with it...it really si fantastic.