Saturday, May 5, 2007

Blue, but not down

Hi! Lord, the last few days have been so beautiful here in Copenhagen, the sun has been shining nonstop and I've been cooped up in my apartment working on a serious assignment. And no, I don't mean the knitting kind. If only.
So I've spent the past five days typing away at my computer from morning to night, practically no time to knit a single stitch, let alone take my knitting to the park and enjoy the fine weather. But yesterday I finally finished the damned academic project from hell and sent it off to its recipient, and promptly proceeded to take my latest FO outside to take some lovely sun-drenched photos of the little (no, rather large actually) beauty gracefully perched from a blossoming treebranch.
And lovely photos they were. However, because of the ongoing communication problems between my camera and computer, the blog will not get to enjoy any of them. Ha! I've now had this laptop for six months and I still haven't figured this problem out. That probably makes me the biggest techno-dolt that ever lived, not to mention one of the least motivated people on the planet. Trying to figure this problem out seems to be a bit of a bother, so rather than deal with it, I live with it. This is me in a nutshell, really. Anyhoo, this problematic laptop is still equipped with trusty Photobooth, and so I offer you this:



This lovely creation is knit with four skeins of Drops Alpaca. I got the pattern free from the Garnstudio website, which is, incidentally, my favorite free knitting pattern site of all time. They have that romantic Scandinavian vibe that I love so well, and offer over 3000 free patterns (if you can read the Scandinavian languages). I heartily recommend them.
As the sun rises in the sky, I can feel my overwhelming need to knit cardigans dwindle slightly. Indicative of this is that currently I am locked in a death grip with only one in-progress cardigan, as opposed to my customary three or four at a time. I view this as progress. Hopefully, one day, I will make a full recovery from cardiganitis, and only knit a couple of cardigans per year. Until then, I find shawls a useful distraction. I've already cast on for another one, so that should keep my cardigan cravings in check for a while. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the wide inner border on that shawl. Very pretty! :-)

Rene' Ardesch said...

Hello, you were the next blog, and as I read on it was very interesting to see how life is over there! For a guy, of course, knitting is not on the top of the list, but you offer more. I have a blog going, and I hope you will check it out and I'll be reading about your adventures now too. Enjoy!
http://kaweahriverdrumcircle.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

This is so beautiful, I didn't notice it on their site. (I don't think the thumbnails do it justice).